top of page
Here you will find resources, forms, and manuals to help administer the Board Practical Exam and prepare your students to pass the Board Theory Exam. Should you be unable to locate a form or have questions pertaining to Board Examination Information please contact Erica@nvcosmo.com.
Practical Test Information
The practical test manual is an overall guide for staff administering the practical.
A notification of the date of students taking the practical should be submitted to the Board office (XX) days prior to testing. Click the button above to submit the Practical Test Date Notification via email.
Practical Test Date Notification
The PEP Guides should be provided to students to help them familiarize themselves with the exam content.
Practical Exam Preparation Guides
• Nail Technology
• Hair Design
The verbal instructions will be utilized by the practical administering staff to administer the different segments.
Theory Test Information
The theory test is offered in English, Spanish, Vietnamese, Korean, and Simplified Chinese. The theory test requires a score of 75% or higher to pass. This test validates the applicant's knowledge of minimal competency within the core scopes of practices for each license type and how to deliver the services in a safe and sanitary manner.
Theory Test Outlines are available English, Spanish, Vietnamese, Korean, and Simplified Chinese.
The number of test questions on each test is listed by the professional license below:
• Esthetics theory test contains 85 questions with a two (2) hour time limit.
• Electrology theory test contains 55 questions with an hour and a half time limit.
• Cosmetology theory test contains 110 questions with a two (2) hour time limit.
• Hair Braiding theory test contains 55 questions with an hour and a half time limit.
• Hair Design theory test contains 95 questions with a two (2) hour time limit.
• Instructor theory test contains 55 questions with an hour and a half time limit.
• Nail Technology theory test contains 70 questions with an hour and a half time limit.
More information on the theory test questions and the content breakdown can be found on the Theory Test Outline page.
If a student requires special accommodations or a reader for the test, please supply the Board office with a copy of an IEP (Independent Education Plan) or a letter from a doctor stating the accommodation that may be needed at the time of submitting the application. Please contact your local Board office to setup a test date and time for certain accommodations if available.
Interpreter services may be obtained for a fee. You may visit Nevada Court's website for a Interpreters Roster or you may call on the the services below:
• Las Vegas- 8th District Court Interpreters-702-671-4578
• Reno- The Language Connection-775-323-7883
• Reno- Nevada Hispanic Services-775-826-1818
• Reno- University of Nevada Reno Language Bank-775-784-7515 ext: 227
Nevada State Law Test Information
The law test is a 25- question test that requires a score of 75% or higher to pass. Practical online tests can be found on our Nevada State Law Test webpage.
Click on the School Admin Resources button to access the Practical, Theory, and State Law Testing Information pages.
bottom of page