Consumer Bill of Rights
Consumers in the State of Nevada have the right to:
Receive competent professional cosmetology services;
• Verify the names, titles and credentials of cosmetology professionals providing services;
• Receive clear explanations of the cosmetology services offered and the cost of the services;
• Refuse any cosmetology services offered;
• Be treated with courtesy and respect;
• Verify information on complaints that have resulted in final action against a licensee; and
• File a complaint with the Nevada State Board of Cosmetology regarding a cosmetology establishment, cosmetology school, licensee, or an unlicensed person performing cosmetology services.
NOTE: The Board cannot recommend a business, product, or resolve complaints that are not related to health, safety, or unsafe practices.
Need to file a consumer complaint? Please complete the online Consumer Complaint Form.
Click on the Health & Safety Information button to access the Consumer Complaint Form, infographics, videos, and more.